Welcome

My drug of choice is writing––writing, art, reading, inspiration, books, creativity, process, craft, blogging, grammar, linguistics, and did I mention writing?

Monday, August 3, 2015

Meta Mailbox (Mailbox)


Haiku replies? Questions about questions? How many questions will I answer?

[Remember, keep sending in your questions to chris.brecheen@gmail.com with the subject line "W.A.W. Mailbox" and I will answer each Friday.  I will use your first name ONLY unless you tell me explicitly that you'd like me to use your full name or you would prefer to remain anonymous.  My comment policy also may mean one of your comments ends up in the mailbox. And I often reply to questions about questions.]  

Robert writes:

Deep but meta question requiring answer in haiku.

My reply: 

Start with a bad joke
Deep answer, but lots of snark
Add in threesome jokes


Erin asks: 

Do you answer questions in the order you get them?

My reply: 

Start with a bad joke
Deep answer, but lots of snark–

Oh sorry, wrong question. No, some questions sit in the bin for months, and there are a couple I'm pretty much never getting around to. (On the small side of average, Jeannie. And an hour, easy, but only if they're really into it and my tongue doesn't cramp up. Okay?!?!) We've finally reached the point that even answering a question a week and Sunday Shorts two or three times a month, we're probably never going to get to all the questions.

(I say that now, but it always seems like there are dry spells where I decide no one loves me and I'll never have a successful blog.)

So I basically have to pick which questions to answer, so I tend towards the ones that are either going to be educational, fun, or at least entertaining to answer (like hate mail). I save the others for either moments of desperation or when I have a few different questions that relate to a single theme. If I'm not answering something you really hoped I would, you might try re-asking the question in a really attention grabbing way or with a few threesome innuendos thrown in.

Stephen asks: 

How many questions can we ask?

My reply:

Twenty, and then I totally cut you off!  But that's a lifetime deductible that can be circumvented by groupie threesomes...or groupies....or threesomes...or really just asking a twenty-first question that doesn't suck.

There's not really a hard cap. I do try to mix it up so that it's not the Stephen show. If one person sends me seven or eight questions in a single e-mail, I'll probably spread them out over multiple articles, even if they're all good. But I've done a whole mailbox before of just one person's questions because I thought they were good questions. People who ask good questions, I've answered several times, and some have sent questions that I still haven't gotten around to. (Still looking at you Jeannie–and nothing permanent, or really detrimental other than some jaw pain.) It really depends on how fly and awesome the questions are. Go for maximum fly and awesominity if you want multiples.

Because multiples rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment